February has arrived which means treating that significant someone to some well-deserved spoils! And with its beautiful scenery, warm climate, and spectacular venues, there’s no place better to celebrate love than on the KZN South Coast.
“We’re fortunate to have a fantastic variety of accommodation options across the KZN South Coast, from those offering seaside views to those overlooking magnificent gorges,” commented Phelisa Mangcu, CEO of South Coast Tourism and Investment Enterprise (SCTIE).
“To ensure your loved one enjoys a truly memorable Valentine’s Day this year, we’re sharing a few of our top romantic locations that take advantage of the incredible natural surroundings that make this the Paradise of the Zulu Kingdom.”
For a uniquely African experience, this is the ultimate romantic destination. Nestled in Oribi Gorge just 90 minutes from Durban, this ultra-luxurious retreat has outdoor activities, great dining, and unmatched views.
- Accommodation: These luxury villas are built on the edge of sandstone cliffs offering resplendent views of the Oribi Gorge Nature Reserve.
- Dining: The flagship restaurant, Catharina’s on 15, aspires to a field-to-fork philosophy using homegrown produce and incorporating essential oils for a sensory dining experience.
- Spa: The Clivia Day Spa has numerous treatment options in a natural environment with gorge views.
- Activities: These include daily bush and game drives, birdwatching, trail hikes and mountain biking, ziplining, vulture excursions, and various nearby activities.
This is a luxury B&B in Southbroom that provides a welcome refuge for a romantic getaway, complete with beautiful scenery and fine wine. The European background of artist and photographer Dr Guido Schoeldgen and his wife Annette, a fashion designer, is evident throughout this beachfront hotel.
- Accommodation: There are several luxury suites available at this top-class facility, but those looking for the most romantic setup will veer towards Umkhomo (Zulu for ‘whale’) – the honeymoon suite. This has spectacular sea views with the lounge opening onto a covered terrace, including pool and garden access.
- Dining: Health drinks can be enjoyed by the pool from Guido’s Bar, as well as dining in the Frangipani Lounge which includes a great selection from the wine cellar.
- Spa: Located in a tropical garden, guests will enjoy Christopher Lorenz’s ceiling painting – the former pride of the Hemingway’s in Cape Town.
- Activities: Relaxing by the pool or under the white gazebos on the beach. There’s also a variety of nearby activities to try including scuba diving, golf, hiking and biking, yoga, farm visits and ziplining, among others.
This is a charming country escape between Harding and Kokstad nestled below the Ingeli Mountain range just an hour inland from Port Shepstone.
- Accommodation: Surrounded by breathtaking indigenous forests, this is the ideal location for romance with 44 spacious country rooms to choose from boasting luxurious and comfortable features and amenities.
- Dining: Enjoy resort-style hospitality at ANEW Resort Ingeli Forest’s on-site restaurant Eagles Nest. The Foresters bar at ANEW Resort Ingeli Forest has country charm and cold beer.
- Spa: Seruga Spa offers the ultimate relaxation experience with a variety of treatment options.
- Activities: There are several outdoor activities including fantastic mountain biking and trail running tracks, an adventure golf course, a tennis court, a swimming pool, and a heated splash pool.