Dining out is always a treat – even more so following a whirlwind of year-end work deadlines, holiday planning, bustling malls for gift shopping, and endless parties. This year, hang up the apron and let someone else handle the Christmas spread.
An exclusive and exquisite culinary delight has been crafted by Executive Chef Keegan Maistry and his kitchen brigade at Courtyard Hotel Waterfall City in Midrand, Johannesburg. This is a feast of epic proportions, at a cost of R695 per person (children’s discounted rates apply), with all your favourites taken to dazzling heights of deliciousness.
This is an elegant, single sitting, luxurious luncheon from 12h00 to 16h00 in the hotel’s vibrant, spacious, and comfortable restaurant, The Protea. Why not add on a night or two’s stay, recline and relax at the pool deck, and let us take care of you. Booking is essential – email firstname.lastname@example.org (terms and conditions apply) to reserve your seats.
On the menu
- Harvest Table: Hot smoked salmon, dips, breads and preservatives
- Salads: Compound German-style potato, cous cous, traditional butternut, salad bar selection
- Main Course Buffet: Basmati rice, seasonal vegetables, Lyonnaise potato, green vegetable coconut curry, boneless Tandoori chicken thighs, grilled line fish with Za’atar cream sauce
- Carvery: Traditional roasted turkey with gravy, leg of lamb with mint sauce and lamb gravy, crusted wholegrain mustard sirloin with creamy horseradish sauce, wood smoked gammon with savoury plum sauce
- Dessert: Traditional Christmas trifle, mini fruit cake with brandy custard, Panettone with piped cream cheese, mixed croquembouche, raspberry pannacotta shots, pistachio and cherry Mozart
And if you’re keen to learn more about the origins of trifle, and what to expect from Chef Keegan’s “eight layers of celebration” traditional Christmas trifle, listen to this fascinating discussion on 702.
The group’s Courtyard Hotels, City Lodge Hotels, Town Lodges and Road Lodges will continue serving up scrumptious dishes from their menus and delicious, refreshing cocktails and drinks right the way through the festive season, meaning you don’t need to cook if you’re near any of the group’s 59 hotels across South Africa and in Windhoek, Namibia; Gaborone, Botswana; and Maputo, Mozambique.