In a partnership that’s guaranteed to delight yoga practitioners from across the country, yoga and experienced wellness practitioner, Yoga with Virginia, and the award-winning Amakhosi Safari Lodge have created a luxurious yoga and safari retreat, to be launched in September 2022.
Having run numerous successful retreats of this kind in breathtaking locations overlooking the mighty Zambezi River, Virginia Burger is bringing her holistic programme to South African yogis from 8 – 11 September 2022.
The retreat will be repeated in October, for those who miss the first rejuvenating event.
Transcendent relaxation and re-connection in an African paradise
Travellers taking this invigorating journey to Amakhosi Safari Lodge will find themselves in a lap of luxury, surrounded by pristine, Big Five wilderness. The internationally-acclaimed safari lodge accommodates guests in opulently-furnished suites with floor-to-ceiling, panoramic views of the Mkuze River.
Amakhosi Private Game Reserve enjoys prime location near the Swaziland border – a scenic 5½-hour drive from Johannesburg and just 4 hours from Durban. Surrounded by magnificent, age-old Zululand, Amakhosi guests indulge in five-star service, daily game activities and mouth-watering Afro-European fusion cuisine.
- Spacious king suites with private lounge areas
- Luxurious en-suite bathrooms
- Outdoor showers
- Air Conditioning
- Individual safes in each suite
- Fully stocked mini-bar and tea/coffee stations
- Private decks with river views
- Wi-Fi at the main lodge
Amakhosi Safari Lodge is also home to the elegant Amakhosi River Spa, a boutique Africology spa managed by fully trained, on-site body, skin and beauty therapists.
Endorsing the collaboration, Amakhosi lodge manager Sonja Wentzel says, “More than ever, people need to find the time to get away and take care of themselves. That’s why we’re so excited to partner with Virginia on this offering; to give weary souls the room to breathe, while the staff at Amakhosi take care of their every comfort. Yoga, wilderness and superlative luxury – it’s the perfect blend.”
Healing and holistic – Yoga with Virginia
Over and above her yoga credentials, Virginia Burger is qualified in 3 Principles Life Coach techniques and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, and is undergoing training in Neuroscience Coaching with the highly acclaimed mentor, Manie Bosman. Virginia combines her expertise and experience to deliver a holistic programme that guides yoga students toward healing, rejuvenation and grounding.
Virginia teaches Hatha Yoga, Yin Yoga, and Yoga Nidra, as well as breathing and meditation techniques. These are typically gentler yoga practices that make use of slow, measured movements into a variety of poses, suitable for beginner and intermediate yogis of varying fitness levels.
The benefits of practising Hatha and Yin Yoga are broad – regular yogis can expect to:
· Improve stress management and reduce anxiety and depression through breath work
· Improve range of motion and ease stiff joints, while reducing inflammation.
· Support the heart and cardiovascular system through breathing exercises
· Improve the health of the lymphatic system
· Enhance mental concentration and performance
· Challenge overall strength and flexibility
· Build core strength and improve posture
· Boost the body’s immune system
· Facilitate grounding and help to cope better physically and mentally through connection to the earth
· Embody the powers of gratitude and mindfulness for a greater sense of peace
What to expect: an authentic, grounding experience
Speaking of the upcoming yoga retreat being held at Amakhosi Safari Lodge from 8 to 11 September 2022, Virginia Burger shares what guests can anticipate: “We’re looking forward to hosting a restorative yoga programme, surrounded by the best of both worlds of unsurpassed luxury and unimaginable wilderness. It’s going to be an authentic, grounding experience.”
Spanning three days at the sumptuous lodge, Virginia’s specially-tailored programme will include meditation in the bush and breathing techniques. She’s also excited to incorporate Amakhosi’s unique oil blends and medicinal products into the Yin practice, sourced from the Amakhosi River Spa.
Valued at R5 000 per person per night (sharing), this all-inclusive retreat is available for only R3 900 per person per night, on a sharing basis.
· Lavish accommodation in an Amakhosi River Suite (King or twin)
· Brunch, High Tea and Dinner
· Two game drives, daily
· Two Yin and Hatha Yoga sessions, daily (beginner to intermediate)
The package will exclude:
· Travel to and from the lodge
· Additional activities not included in the full rate
· Curio store purchases
· Conservation fees
· Additional spa treatments or products that do not form part of the yoga programme
Yoga with Virginia and Amakhosi Safari Lodge are thrilled to launch this exclusive yoga retreat package, the first of many to welcome guests to a place of rest, luxury and tranquillity, perfectly complemented by Big Five adventure!