I have so many wishes for 2020. I wish I had a wishing tree and Aladdin’s lamp. I wish I could write all my wishes on notes, roll them up and then insert them into baubles and hang them on the wishing tree.
Then I would rub the lamp and wait for the genie to emerge. I’m also wishing it would be Will Smith, making all my wishes come true.
- Food security
- Decent housing for all
- Jobs for all
- Full dams and rivers
- No more deforestation
- No crime and corruption
- No rapes and murders
- Access to Wi-Fi and books for children
- Affordable travel, so more people could travel
- Good health care
- A fridge filled with my favourite bubbly
- Regular beach walks
- A miracle for my husband
- More time with friends and family
- No work stress
- More design thinking
- More collaborations
- Less joint pain
- A trip to New York
- And like a Miss World being on the spot to answer the most important question in the world: World Peace.
But, if wishes were horses, then beggars would ride. No wish comes to fruition unless you put in the elbow grease, and I guess there is no genie that will grant me a wish with a grand gesture.
I’m turning 58 in 2020, and I’m going to work hard at realising every wish and dream I have to live a graceful life alive with possibilities.
Here’s to a wonderful 2020.